In the immortal words of Arlaina Tibensky: “…movies, they are not mere entertainment. They sustain me and help me cope with my real life.” Oh my, my, how much this is true! Movies rescue us from the daily stresses that engulf our lives. Monotonous responsibilities….ahhh!
Whether it’s an epic romance that triggers major waterworks or a down-right hilarious comedy we constantly quote with girlfriends, our favorite films are our safe haven. And tagging along are extra friends: buttery popcorn and a large glass of Pinot Grigio. So what do you pop in the blu-ray when you need a movie night in? Here are the top 10 movies that every woman should own.
1. The Notebook. All kinds of “duh’s”! A hot, broody, and hopelessly in love Ryan Gosling requires no explanation.
2. Pretty Woman. It’s a classic story about a woman that realizes she is unique and deserves to be loved.
3. Pearl Harbor. You were either team Affleck or team Hartnett while watching this historical romance. Although at the end it didn’t matter – you were all Team AMERICA!
4. Beauty and the Beast. He doesn’t have to look like James Dean for you to fall in love with your prince, ladies. The singing household items also add to the fun of this animated classic.
5. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. This movie will leave you wondering how you can convince Matthew McConaughey to meet and fall in love with you in 10 days. Honestly!
6. Bring It On. So. Many. Spirit Fingers.
7. Titanic. Let’s watch a movie with a hot Leo Dicaprio. I’ll never let go!
8. He’s Just Not That Into You. This breakup movie clarifies many things. One being that guys are idiots. And also that I’m not the exception, unfortunately.
9. Gone with the Wind. This is another epic historical romance. This time it’s with Clark Gable as Rhett Butler and his whole “I don’t give a damn” attitude. All things aside, this is my all-time favorite movie.
10. Mean Girls. This is definitely my generations Varsity Blues. Let’s just face it, this movie is just grool and so fetch.