I woke up this morning, my mind fully motivated and focused. My body, on the other hand, was screaming for mercy and had a strong desire to karate chop my mind – if I could lift my arm without wincing. You see, yesterday’s super Sunday workout worked me into a state of muscle spasm. My back is so sore it hurts to breath.
Damn you, Jillian Michaels!
Regardless, I am disciplined. No matter how much it hurts to type, I am on my Mac, working on my future projects. Here is what’s on today’s agenda:
- Finish working on my new and improved vision board. It must be the fifteenth I’ve done but this one is better aligned with my desires. No bullshit this time!
- Write posts for LoveSujeiry.com, of course. I have cranked up my number of posts and am now publishing pieces every day of the week, sometimes more than once daily.
- Email a few contacts that I have been meaning to speak to regarding writing opportunities.
- Film a comedy spoof that’s been on my mind for months. It will be HIGHlarious!
- Write a chapter of Love Trips the book. I WILL finish this book before the end of summer and it WILL be in a bookshelf near you by the end of 2011.
- Begin research on creating a one-woman-show. It’s brewing in my head!
- Play with niece because everyone needs a happy break!
- Workout because apparently I am a masochist.
- Last but not least, I am going to do a nationwide search for TV hosting opportunities. This goal is terrifying but something I planned to do last year in November before I met my boyfriend. Then we bumped into each other on the uptown D train and I couldn’t fathom leaving the relationship to move to Kentucky or wherever I would land. Now, since my relationship is flailing, I am seeing it as a sign from the Universe to stop sacrificing my needs for someone else. Though I love my boyfriend, my happiness does not depend on a man and I know I will regret it if I do not pursue my dreams wholeheartedly. Besides, that’s what sperm banks are for.
As you can see, there is a lot on my plate. More than some can chew, really. Still, I know I have to take these risks. If that means I have to leave my family, friends, and my boyfriend to follow a different path in a different city then so be it. But don’t let my tough exterior and determination fool you. It is definitely easier said than done. I know myself. I am very attached to my loved ones. If that time ever comes, I will be in more than just physical pain. My heart will break and ache, experiencing it’s very own kind of spasm.