DECEMBER 28 – ACHIEVE: What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
I want to achieve more than one thing. As a matter a fact, I have three dreams I want to see fulfilled in 2011. First is publishing Love Trips (the book) and selling millions, no, billions of copies. Second is co-hosting my own radio show about love and relationships. And last but not least is having a loving, fun, committed relationship with the man that I will marry.
How will I feel when my intentions become reality? Accomplished. Elated. Fulfilled. Blessed. Grateful. As for the ten things I can do to experience these feelings today, here is the list:
- Write every day. I’m almost at that point and am certain I will write daily very soon.
- Feel grateful for where I’ve been and where I am. This was a challenge for me in the past. I lived life questioning ‘what if” and filled with regret but now I know my journey was necessary. It’s the only way to become an enlightened and reflective individual. It’s the only way to grow, know, and go after what you need and desire.
- Say I love you and embrace the love that I have in my life. Saying ‘I love you’ was difficult for me but now the words form in my throat and flow through my lips effortlessly and with meaning. I also used to place more importance on romantic love. Because of my need to be loved romantically, I didn’t appreciate the love and support that I do receive from friends and family.
- Smile. I do this daily and it makes me really happy.
- Laugh. Same as above. I’m really silly and make myself laugh, even when no one is watching 🙂
- Spend time with my family. They give me so much love and support and know me so well. They keep me centered and are now the number one priority in my life. When I was younger, it was all about my friends. Now I am all about family.
- Plan and follow through on said plans. Without a plan you don’t know where you’re going and the steps to take to become accomplished. I’m working on a step-by-step process to become a radio show host and published relationship book author. They are written down. All I need to do is complete the steps and watch my beautiful life unfold.
- Focus. This I am working on. I multitask, which is great, but because I become passionate about more than one thing at a time I don’t finish projects. Passion is a great quality but I must harness it in order to fulfill my goals. That’s when focus and discipline come in.
- Routine. This goes along with focus. I need to set a daily routine so I can make good use of my day. I work a full time job (a daily that I will leave when I am a paid creative professional) but begin work at 11am. I need to wake up early, write, work on my other projects, and then some. In 2011, I’m going to get on my grind.
- Be fearless. Like most pepitas, I’m afraid to fail. Failing means struggling financially; I’ve been there and it’s no fun. It also means I wasted my life, pursuing an unfulfilled dream. And no one wants that. I want something to show for my talents and hard work. That’s why I am afraid to fail, which is why I’ve been afraid to pursue my dreams full throttle. Ya no mas! 2011 is here. No more holding myself back.
Now onto the next question!