by Mami’s Time Out
Growing out your hair is serious business. It takes time and lots of TLC. I get lots of questions on how I get my hair to grow long so I figure I share my tips with all of you.
Here is your beauty 411 – 10 tips on how to grow heathy hair!
1. Don’t color your hair unless you absolutely have to. Although this is my number one tip I never follow it! I do try to stay away from bleach. So color with caution and don’t do it too often! An ombrè is great for long hair and is minimum maintenance!
2. Vitamins are your BFF. I take a women’s multivitamin which has biotin in it. Biotin helps nails and hair grow!
3. You are what you eat! If you are vitamin deficient, the first thing to show that is skin, hair and nails. Make sure you eat lots of protein, drink lots of water and of course number 2 above.
4. Hair masks are your friend! Since I have dry and damaged hair (all the coloring I do) I try to apply a hair mask at least twice a month. I actually wash my hair the night before I plan on blow drying and leave the mask on overnight. In the morning I wash it out and blow dry. I use Dominican hair products because my mami always did and they work for me like they do for her! And guess what? Amazon sells them! Winning!
5. Speaking of blowdrying…keep all hot tools to a minimum. Also use a heat protectant like John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray By JOHN FRIEDA, 6 Ounce if you know me you know that I love all things John Frieda. The hairdryer is also awesome by the way!!
Read the rest of the hair growth tips on Mami’s Time Out!