With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching , you may be stuck on trying to find the perfect gift for your special guy. If you’ve been dating him for awhile, you don’t want to go too simple. If you two just recently started dating, you don’t want to get him an over-the-top gift. What to do? What is the right gift? It all depends on where you are in your relationship.
Here are some helpful ideas for appropriate gifts to get the man in your life this year.
For those who just started dating:
- Buy him a six-pack of his favorite beer, or a bottle of his favorite wine, and tack on a Valentine’s Day card. I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t it tacky to get booze as a gift unless someone’s turning 21 years old? It’s all in how you look at it. Buying him this gift shows him that you pay attention to what he likes. Also, if the guy you are just dating is as into liquor as you are into flowers, it’s a win!
- Plan a date that is all about him. You have a keeper if he’s always planning surprises and catering to your needs. So why not make this day of love all about him for a change? Order dinner from his favorite take-out place and set the mood at your place. Make his favorite mixed drink (or buy his beer of choice) and rent his favorite movie from Redbox (video rental kiosk). He’s sure to be smitten.
- Try a hobby together. Perhaps he’s mentioned wanting to try archery or take a cooking class. Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to show him you can help turn his dreams into reality. Maybe he wants to start using his digital SLR camera for serious photography. Put on some lingerie and offer to be his model. It’s a sexy way to spice up your Valentine’s Day and help his dreams come true.
For those in a serious relationship:
- Make a date-night jar together. Maybe you haven’t been spending as much time together due to your busy schedules, or you are stuck in a rut. What better day to bring back the spark into your relationship than Valentine’s Day? For this activity, you will need Popsicle sticks and am empty jar. Take turns selecting a date idea and write each one on a popsicle stick. Next time you are bored at home, or don’t know where to go for date night, pick a date from the jar.
- Make him a “52 Reasons I Love You” book. Your man wants to know you love him. And you have so many reasons. 52 reasons for every week of the year to be exact. When creating this book, you can be as creative as you desire. Use pictures of the two of you or poems. Bind the book together and it will be a gift he will treasure forever.
- Buy him a set of heart-printed boxers. On the night of Valentine’s Day, tell your sweetie that you bought him a special surprise to wear to bed. Leave the boxers on the bed. While he is getting ready, greet him in red, sexy lingerie with a heart design. Trust me; neither of you will be wearing anything for long.
Born and raised in the suburbs of Los Angeles, Felisa is a 22-year-old SoCal girl at heart who loves to write almost as much as she loves to talk. Within a year, she went from being in a serious five-year relationship to the single scene, which launched a passion for writing about about love, romance, and the dating scene.
Photo Credit: Flickr.com/Mskeet.