I hardly ever sweat. Unlike some women, my skin isn’t very oily and the hot NYC humidity rarely causes me to drip from every crevice. I do, however, have one problem area – my pits! It’s like my sweat glands congregated under my arms and decided to attack.
As you can imagine, this can cause some trouble when dating. What can be more embarrassing than a date pointing at my long chin whisker? My date checking out my pit stains. The trouble with pit stains is that they are extremely visible. Unlike unwanted facial hair, I can’t entertain a date while cupping my chin. And keeping my arms crossed during an entire evening will give the impression that I am angry. Grrr!
So, how does a girl control her sweaty pits so beads of sweat don’t terrorize her cute date outfit! Here are 5 Tips to Precent Sweaty Underarms and Make Them Look Great:
- Stop sweat by wearing the right type of material. Some materials make us sweat more while others absorb sweat. So, you want to stay away from fabrics that prevent body heat from escaping. The best materials are cotton and linen. The worst materials are silk, satin, polyester and polyester blends.
- Talcum powder is your friend. Once you shower, dry your pits and apply deodorant. Then apply talcum powder on your armpits. This will absorb the sweat. Just make sure you don’t put on too much. You don’t want to look like frosty the snow man.
- Wear shirts that don’t cover your underarms. I often wear tank tops and halter tops when it’s hot. When on a date or out dancing, I never go with anything short or long sleeve, even when it’s colder. So, stop covering up your underarms. Let them breathe so your sweat glands can breathe and do not attack!
- Invest in liners. If your sweaty pits don’t want to quit, liners will help. They are pieces of cloth that line the inside of your shirt or blouse. They absorb sweat, which is exactly what you need to prevent pit stains.
- Wax your pits. This will guarantee that your hair follicles are gone, which then prevents excessive sweating. The hairier the pit the more heat it retains. Plus they look and feel smoother.
I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All the opinions expressed here are my own.