Are you a sexual expert when it comes to your body? I wanted to know how much women really know about their bodies, so I asked 20 college-aged women sex-ed related questions. Take the test below to find out if you can pass Human Sexuality 101.
1. If you become pregnant, where does the baby develop during gestation? The correct answer is the uterus. Luckily, 75 percent of women got this question correct.
2. How often are you supposed to douche? This is a trick question! Douching can be very harmful to your vagina and can lead to yeast infections. Your vagina naturally cleanses itself so there is no need to douche on a regular basis. 14 out of 20 women didn’t know this.
3. True or False. The vagina expands when it is sexually aroused. This is true! The vaginal canal does expand when a woman is sexually aroused. But only 15 percent of women got this answer right!
4. True or false. Women have testosterone in their bodies. This is also true. Women have smaller amounts of testosterone than men, but they do have small increments. Just like men have some estrogen in their bodies. Kudos to the 14 women who got this question right.
5. What test must women get in order to find out whether or not they have breast cancer? The correct answer is a Mammogram. A mammogram is a breast cancer screening that uses x-rays to image the inside of a woman’s breast. 80 percent of women knew the answer. Only 60 percent of the women knew how a mammogram worked.
6. What is PMS and what does PMS stand for? PMS is physical discomfort and mood changes before our period. The women knew all about PMS, but only 50 percent knew exactly what it entailed. Most also believed that PMS lasts throughout the entire duration of the menstrual cycle, which isn’t the case. Only ten percent of women knew that PMS stands for premenstrual syndrome.
Overall, I was impressed by the results and the knowledge of everyday young women. As for what your score means, it all depends on how many questions you answered correctly.
All questions correct: you are a indeed sex expert!
Five to six questions: you are getting there!
Three to four questions: you need to brush up on your skills.
Only one or two questions: I highly suggest you inform yourself.
If you got all questions wrong, I hope you are a gentleman who stumbled upon this quiz. Know your body, ladies!
Erynn Castellanos is an aspiring radio broadcaster with an opinion on all things love. Currently going through the trials of most twenty somethings, she balances life and relationships and knows what she wants. Her articles on LoveSujeiry.com tie in her personal experiences while exploring the early stages of dating and the single life.
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons.