I am at a point in my life where I am ready to share my life with a man. I’ve never felt quite like this before. In the past, I’ve wanted a boyfriend. Today I want to partner.
That’s what makes it different. I’ve always been a relationship girl. I’ve always wanted to be with someone and feel the love that is shared between two beings. That romantic unconditional love, where a man loves me for me and all of me, is something I’ve never experienced.
Alas, that is all in my book, Love Trips. No need to go back there again. Still, I get lonely. Often times I am restless due to this uncertainty and a time without romantic prospects. So, what do I do in the meantime? What can women do when wanting something so bad that feels so far away? Here are five things single women can do in the meantime.
1. Get together with friends regularly. When I lived in NYC, me and my single girlfriends would hang out once a week. It was a date without fail. We were there for each other and still are regardless of our current relationship status. My girlfriends, like Carrie said on Sex and the City, are my soulmates. I will always have them to lean on, and do so in the meantime.
2. Focus on you and your endeavors. They say when you focus on you and your own goals that everything else falls into place, including a hot papi chulo that may takes your breath away when your experiencing the Big O. So, do you. Create that action plan for your career. Pursue your passions and hobbies. That way you are fulfilled when you meet your future boo.
3. Get a buddy. Yes, I mean sex. Sex keeps us happy and, if you’re lucky, satisfied. Sometimes we just need a good lay to keep us going in the meantime. He doesn’t have to be your future husband. But a nice romp in the hay can lift any gal’s spirits.
4. Believe he will come. As corny as it may sound, faith is everything when it comes to love and life. You can’t doubt that you’ll get married or find that love. You have to know that it will happen. Find solace in that belief.
5. Live day by day. When we are in the present moment, the future doesn’t seem as scary or uncertain. Cause we’re just not thinking about it. So, take baby steps. Think about what’s happening now, not what has yet to come. Focus on abundance, not lack. Focus on the love you have in your life now, not what you wish you had. That’s the best way to live happily in the meantime.
Photo Credit: Pretty Girl Rock Dresses.