These Are a Few of the Things I’m Grateful For
This holiday season my mom is meeting Boo’s parents for the first time! And my stress level is pretty high. Not only am I baking yummy, gingerbread whoopee pies from scratch for the first time, but I also have to be the translator for the night. You see, Boo’s mom is Vietnamese and doesn’t speak a lick of Spanish; and Mami is Dominican and doesn’t speak a lick of English – or Vietnamese!
Still, I’m excited. I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. There are a many things I cannot share (yet) but I can tell you a few things that I am grateful for.
1. My love, as in Boo! I am so happy to have met him, fallen in love with him and moved in with him – all in a year and a half! And he reciprocates all of my feelings. He’s kind, thoughtful, funny, and so responsible and reliable. I can count on him, his love and his presence always. I am so blessed.
2. My writers. Yes, the ladies that keep LoveSujeiry.com churning along! This digital platform/online magazine is like the Little Engine That Could. And I can’t keep it running or together without my amazing writers. Thank you for sharing your advice and love and dating stories with courage, humor and honesty.
3. Value. I have come along way regarding self-worth and self-love. I didn’t always stand up for what I am worth and now I do, even if it means losing an opportunity, a job or a relationship. I honestly don’t even recognize the woman I used to be; I’ve grown so much. I am so grateful for the lessons, the stumbles, and yes, the tough inner work that I had to do to get to this point: that’s happy and fulfilled.
4. Readers and fans. I hate the word fans, I really do. Cause regardless of how successful I am in the entertainment industry, I still feel like Sujeiry from Washington Heights. But, there isn’t any other word, so fans it is. And I am truly grateful to all who have followed my career, read every book and post, and who listen to me on radio and watch me on TV. I really appreciate your support.
5. Opportunity. As I said in the beginning there are some things brewing in my life. I just can’t share just yet! I am hoping to do so in a few weeks, maybe sooner. And, if it doesn’t pan out, well, I am thankful for the opportunity. I’ve learned that there is always an open door. And I am always willing, ready and grateful to walk through it.
Happy Thanksgiving, loves!