Relationship & Dating Advice

Ask Sujeiry: Messed Up Wife

By  | 

Sujeiry Looks Into the DistanceDear Sujeiry,

My wife is cheating on me with a 24 year old boy. She is 38 years old and wants this boy! She does me so wrong and left her children behind for him. What kind of woman does that? Can you help me figure her out?


Messed Up Wife

Dear Messed Up Wife,

I am so sorry to hear that you and your children are experiencing such betrayal and abandonment. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can say to help you better understand her actions and intentions. She has shown her truth. That The Boy she is sleeping with now is what she wants. It is obvious as she left you and abandoned your children for The Boy. So I believe it is futile to try to make more sense out of this.

Her message is in her actions and it is crystal clear that she rather not have responsibility. Difficult to hear, I can imagine, but there is no denying she wants to be free of…something. So, do yourself a favor. Free yourself of her. Free yourself of guilt and blame and what if’s and why’s. Be the best man and the best father you can be and, in time, you will realize you are all that much better without her.

Love strongly and wisely,

Sujeiry, 1st Lady of Love

Your Email (required)

Your Subject (required)

Question (required)


Sujeiry Gonzalez is the owner of LoveSujeiry Magazine and Host of LOVE Sujeiry on American Latino Radio on SiriusXM Ch 154 (M-F, 9pm-10pm EST). The author of Dating RITE: Advice on Dating Woes from Your Go-to Chica and Love Trips: A Collection of Relationship Stumbles is also Latina's love and sex columnist. The on-air talent tells it like it is when on TV, radio, and on the web. She has appeared on FYI, CNN Latino, Telemundo, BronxNet, The Madison Jaye Radio Show, and was also the Love Guru on Exitos 93.9FM on the Raq-C and Nachin show.

  • Ramia003

    Definitely! He didn’t share crucial details with you, there is no way to get a complete picture of his dilemma. He should take the time to get critical input from someone who can guide him through treatment &/or a resolution.

  • Hello! Thanks for commenting!

    I agree with you. I don’t know why she is cheating on him. What I do know is that I do not condone a man or a woman abandoning their children. That is the case that he presented to me when he emailed me, and so I advised him with that information. He should talk to a professional, whether it is an attorney or a therapist.

    Again, thanks for your opinion!

  • Ramia003

    Woah! Are defending his ego or what?! You have no idea why she is cheating on him (maybe he deserves it?). It isn’t your place to advise him, you are not a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Also, if he is asking a pop-culture blogger for marital advice, then he isn’t ready to be married… Sorry, boo – He should talk to his wife, a doctor or an attorney.