Get the Look
Get the Look: Watercolor on a Spring Date
When I think of watercolors I am reminded of my childhood and Hobbyland. Hobbyland was a little mom and pop shop on 182nd and Broadway in Washington Heights, the neighborhood where I grew up in Manhattan. They sold Barbies, crayons, and yes, watercolors.
When Mami had extra money she’d treat me, my younger brother and older sister to one of our favorite things just because. And she’d take us to Hobbyland. While there, Mami gave us permission to pick one item. One summer I took home a set of watercolors.
Turns out adults also love watercolors. The watercolor fashion trend isn’t going anywhere, and with spring looming why should it? So, let’s dive in! These dresses are perfect for a casual date night or a stroll on the beach with flip flops in hand…and your boo. They’re just so sweet and feminine, much like childhood. The best part? You can get the look RIGHT NOW. So, get to shopping.
- Lulus Ingenue Print Maxi Dress
- Jack by BB Dakota Joyner White Print Maxi Dress
- Bar III Women’s Printed Watercolor Pencil Skirt
- Queen of Cases Watercolor Art Satin Style Scarf
- BCBGeneration Women’s Treasure Dress Pump in Watercolor
- Adrianna Papell Cut Away Fit and Flare Dress