Wedding. Dress. Shopping. Three words women hope to shout and men run away from. The experience is a happy one when she’s found her dream dress and a somber one when she can’t fit into her damn dream dress. And let’s not forget the Bridezilla’s who rip wedding dresses and tear bridal consultants to shreds because, “It’s not perfect!!!”
So how does a bride-to-be lessen the stressful process of finding the right gown? What does a future bride do to find the wedding dress that will fill her with joy? It is a process that is time consuming yet thrilling.
Here’s what to do to get the dress:
- Set An Appointment: Wedding stores and boutiques have quiet a clientele. This is why, to try on the dress, you must set an appointment. They do take walk ins, but calling in advance to book a slot will guarantee superb one-on-one service with a bridal consultant. Plus, no waiting! So call your local bridal shops and get to booking!
- Pick Dresses from a Catalog: Once you arrive, they will hand you a catalog filled with wedding gowns. From Vera Wang to a more generic brand, you will (hopefully) find what you seek. Once you’ve skimmed through the book, list all the dresses that float your bridal boat. These are the ones you will try on that very day.
- Play Nice With Your Consultant: She or he will be your wedding gown savant. They are experts on the right cuts and materials, and hold the key to the right size and fitting. It is also smart to keep the same wedding dress consultant at every store you visit. When trying on dresses, consultants jot down preferences. This way you won’t have to begin from scratch with another employee.
- Try On Dresses: The time has come for your Potential Wedding Dress fashion show! The dresses selected from the catalog will be brought to you. You will also receive a garter and must select shoes to put on when trying on the wedding dresses. Hopefully, you will find the dress immediately, but that is usually not the case, which leaves me to the next point.
- Think About It: You are the bride, therefore you must shine as bright as the North Star! Whether you’ve envisioned your wedding since the age of 10 or began dreaming of flower arrangements when engaged, you must take time to decide which dress is the perfect dress. During that time, keep shopping around. There are many stores with a lot of variety in style, dress color, designers, and price. So don’t you settle!
Now, when should you begin your search? Let’s just say that as your groom pops the question, you put on that ring and call a store! Remember, you have to get your dress tailored, and, according to a Davids Bridal consultant, it takes a minimum 12 weeks to have the dress shipped to the store. Then the dress must be taken in. Now, I will stop babbling so you can go find that dress!