Beauty & Style Advice
Get the Look: Tulle Skirt and Bling Bling Top
I have a few confessions to make.
1) I always feel weird posing by myself. No matter how many step-and-repeats I am on, I’m always like GULP! EEK! WHAT?!! in my head. So before this recent HBO Latino Habla Y Vota breakfast, hosted by “The Reel’s” Adrienne Bailon, I googled “JLo red carpet looks.”
2) I’ve always been afraid of tulle skirts but decided to take the leap and rock one anyway.
3) My socks are fuchsia and I know it.
4) I was thinking of McDonalds fries when this pic was taken.
5) I bought said fries soon after.
But, back to the most reveling secret I just shared. You know, how I was afraid to wear a tulle skirt. Honestly, I see so many fashion trends that I don’t believe I have the body for. And it’s not about weight. I often just feel too hippy or short for certain looks, especially skirts or dresses with volume. So putting on this outfit was a bold step in the right direction – the one where I say fuck it and werk a look despite personal hang ups.
I purchased the entire outfit (minus the booties) at an affordable price at A’GACI, a store at the South Shore Mall in Bayshore, NY. The entire outfit plus a green fall wrap jacket cost approximately 85 bucks. No A’GACI where you live? No worries. There’s always Amazon!
Get the Look
What do you think of my outfit? What trends will be be bold enough to wear?